Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review of Kylie Minogue "The Abbey Road Sessions"

I really really wanted to LOVE this album.  I didn't... It felt like a desperate attempt to dress up some pop/dance fluff.  The problem I had with this is that I liked those songs for what they are.  For example, "The Locomotion"  is a fun silly song.  I didn't feel that anything was added to it by re-imagining it in this way.  Another example is Kylie's most notable hit "Can't Get You Out Of My Head."  Adding an orchestra and trying to make it into a ballad seems to me like trying to put makeup on a pig.  It is what it is, and to try to dress it up makes it ridiculous to me.  Interestingly enough, I read through some critic's reviews before posting this and they, for the most part, seem to love this album. I guess it comes down to a matter of preference.  As for me, I would give this album a C.


Disclaimer: As a member of the One2One Network, I was given this album for free in exchange for my review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment