Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
What You Need
- Let's Go Shopping List (available on Juicy Juice website)
- Crayons or washable colored markers
- Colorful stickers (optional)
How To Make It
- Print out the Let's Go Shopping List from the link.
What To Do
- Tell your toddler that the two of you are going to go to the market to buy food.
- Sit down with your toddler and the Let's Go Shopping List and talk about each of the brightly-colored images on the list.
- Decide together which of the foods you will buy and help your child make a mark with a crayon, marker or sticker in the space next to the picture of the chosen food.
- Take the Let's Go Shopping List with you so that the two of you can match the chosen items on your list to the foods in the market.
- If your market has junior shopping carts, your child can push her cart next to yours and help shop.
- Locate one or two of the items on your list that are within her reach such as a small block of cheese or a loaf of bread, and ask her to place them in her cart.
- Once you are home, talk about each food item as you both unpack and put away the groceries.
- Now that you have finished your busy day at the market, offer your toddler a snack that you choose together from the healthy foods on the Let's Go Shopping List!
Thursday, March 29, 2012
"Then Sings My Soul Book 3: The Story of Our Songs: Drawing Strength from the Great Hymns of Our Faith" by Robert J. Morgan
I love several things about the "Then Sings My Soul" series. 1) I love the textured pages and vintage feel of the books. 2) I love the mix of classic hymns and contemporary hits. 3) I love the in depth histories, analysis, and history of the hymns included. 4) I love how each hymn has the music and lyrics included. This book (and series) would be a great gift for any music lover. I have used this book for church meetings, home devotionals, as well as just quiet reading time. It seems that the author really researches,ponders, and studies each hymn, providing background information as well as his personal thoughts.
* I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."