What You Need
- Let's Go Shopping List (available on Juicy Juice website)
- Crayons or washable colored markers
- Colorful stickers (optional)
How To Make It
- Print out the Let's Go Shopping List from the link.
What To Do
- Tell your toddler that the two of you are going to go to the market to buy food.
- Sit down with your toddler and the Let's Go Shopping List and talk about each of the brightly-colored images on the list.
- Decide together which of the foods you will buy and help your child make a mark with a crayon, marker or sticker in the space next to the picture of the chosen food.
- Take the Let's Go Shopping List with you so that the two of you can match the chosen items on your list to the foods in the market.
- If your market has junior shopping carts, your child can push her cart next to yours and help shop.
- Locate one or two of the items on your list that are within her reach such as a small block of cheese or a loaf of bread, and ask her to place them in her cart.
- Once you are home, talk about each food item as you both unpack and put away the groceries.
- Now that you have finished your busy day at the market, offer your toddler a snack that you choose together from the healthy foods on the Let's Go Shopping List!